Explore and Assess Yourself
An important first step in career development is to take stock of your interests, skills, work style, and career goals.
- Reflect on your previous work experiences and your career goals:
- Describe an accomplishment you are proud of: think about what you contributed, why you feel proud, and how you can build on this experience.
- What have you valued about your previous work experiences?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your skills?
- Which skills are transferable to other careers?
- What interests you?
- Where do your skills, strengths, and interests intersect?
- What would you like to be doing in three years?